Reviews and Blogs
If you know of a substantial review of "Producing Open Source Software" not listed here, please let us know.
Reviews or articles about the 2nd edition (2017):
- 2nd Edition of Producing Open Source Software Now Available for Free by Sarah Gooding.
(Not exactly a review, but it's the first third-party announcement I saw appear after completing the 2nd edition, so out of sentimentality I'm including it here.)
Reviews of the 1st edition (2005):
- Free Software Magazine by Robin Monks (same review at Squidoo)
- Open Source Magazine
- Red Hat Magazine by Paul W. Frields
- Groklaw by Steve McInerney
- OSS Watch by Mark Norman
- devReview.com by Ernie L.
- The Open Pitt by Patrick Wagstrom. (PDF)
- Version Control Blog
- Amazon.com (customer reviews)
- Stephen Coller of the Gates Foundation, at his Forking Education blog
- Jeff Atwood at "Coding Horror: Programmers and Human Factors"
- Keith Casey (for some reason this review was reposted in June 2007 at zend.com)
- Greg Wilson (see also his recommendation)
- David Wood
- Daniel Koć (Polski / Polish)
- Ted Leung (see also separate blog entry)
- Ugo Cei
- Michel Volle (Français / French)
- Erika Rice Scherpelz (small blog post review)
- Lars Wirzenius (blog post)
- Brian, the Curious Curmudgeon .
- Letsevo Design Collective Blog
- "Igor's Blog"
- "ARGCRP-CARLSON, TRAVIS" (mailing list post)
- Leo Simons
- Matt Hartley (blog post)
- Craig Andrea (blog post)
- Niklas Vainio's (blog post)
- Brian DeSpain (blog post)
- Ernie Leseberg (blog post)
- Brian Ray
- Garrett Rooney (blog post)
- Thomas Duff
- Dave Cross (short blog post review)
- VNU Net (short review)
- Julio M. Merino Vidal (short review)
- lifehack.org (small review / summary)
- satoroams (blog post)
- Travis Carlson
- Dr. Matthew Landauer (recommendation)
- Joey Hess (more thoughtful comments than review)
- Robrt [sic] (blog post)
- Howard Butler (reference)
- Anonymous Java engineer
- Stefan Meretz (Deutsch / German) (long and detailed review)
- An interesting conversation at banzaimonkey's blog.
Back to the Producing Open Source Software home page.